Pem Dunn has lived and painted in Colorado since 1984 and maintains residences in Evergreen and Tabernash. His paintings are a clear reflection of his love of the out-of-doors. Hiking the backcountry trails of the Rocky Mountains provides much of his inspiration. Viewing Pem's work, one sees many familiar vistas of these areas in his oils. Pem is inspired by the constant changes in light and weather. This inspiration is evident in the light and subtle nuances of color that bring a great deal of richness to his work.
Pem has studied with some of this country's finest artists including Joseph Dawley, Natalie Becker, Karen Vance and Scott Christensen.
Pem is represented by Evergreen Fine Art Gallery in Evergreen, Colorado the Elk Horn Gallery in Winter Park, Colorado and the Howard/Mandville Gallery in Kirkland, Washington. He regularly teaches oil painting at the Evergreen Art Center and conducts workshops and classes through Evergreen Fine Art Gallery.
- 2008 Award of Merit and Peoples' Choice Award - Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters
- 2010 Collector's Choice - "Windows to the Divine Paint Out", Evergreen Fine Art
- 2011 People's Choice - "Weekend in the West", Evergreen Fine Art
- "Art for the Parks" - Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- 2008, 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014 - "Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters National Show"
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013,2014 - "Colorado Governor's Invitational Art Show"
- 2010 "Windows to the Divine Paint Out" - Evergreen Fine Art
- 2011 "Windows to the Divine" - Madden Museum, Denver, CO
- 2011, 2012,2013,2014 "American Miniatures" - Settlers West Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- 2011, 2012 "Masters Miniature Show" - Trailside Galleries, Jackson, WY
- 2011, 2012,2013,2014 "Weekend in the West" - Evergreen Fine Art
- 2011, "Crested Butte Plein Air Invitational", Oh-Be-Joyful Gallery
- 2012, "Oil Painters of America National Show" - Evergreen Fine Art